The Infant Optics DXR-8 is superior in every way than its predecessor DXR-5. The price does go up to $170.60 but it is very much worth it. The DXR-8 comes with a 3.5 inch full color LCD display, retractable antenna and sound activated LED display.
It also has remote controlled pan, zoom and tilting option for easy control. The battery life of this unit is about 10 hours and it comes with a USB cable for charging easily. If your volume is down sound activated LED lights can alert you if your baby is crying. It also has the option of two-way talking between the two units. The range of the unit is also very good (works fine in 3 floor house). You can also switch on only the audio to save battery.
If we were to tell you there was a revolutionary product on the market that could help new parents get a good night’s sleep. How much do you think it would be worth? Well if you factor in the stress of having a baby, the importance of getting at least eight hours of rest. The difficulty of sleeping. For new parents the peace of mind that allows a good night’s sleep is priceless. And that’s why one of our featured products at Baby Monitor Team is the DXR-8 video baby monitor with interchangeable optic lens from infant optics.
Infant Optics DXR-8 Features
|Item Weight||2 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||9.2 x 8.5 x 3.6 inches|
|Item model number||DXR-8|
|Batteries:||1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)|
|Battery life||10 hours|
|Standing screen display size||3.5 inches|
- This device allows parents to customize their camera view remotely without entering the room and disrupting the child’s sleep.
- The camera comes out of the package with two lenses but can use up to three.
- A standard lens provides excellent mid-range coverage.
- The zoom lens allows parents to see a crystal clear closeup of their child as he or she sleeps.
- The optical zoom does not deteriorate resolution or image clarity.
- The add on wide angle lenses sold separately and allows parents to view the entire room up to one hundred seventy degrees.
- This is ideal for parents with toddlers who may get out of the bed during the evening and regardless of which lens a parent uses the pan tilt feature allows users to get maximum coverage.
- The display unit is a three point five inch color L.C.D. screen with an automatic infrared night vision feature. That means that even when the lights are out. It’s still easy for parents to watch their child.
- You can’t take snapshots or record video with this camera and monitor.
The DXR-5 had an irritating problem with beeping noise whenever it was out of range or in low battery. The DXR-8 has the option to turn off the beeping noise which is a very nice option. The video quality is really good. If you are using two cameras you can transition between the two of them seamlessly. Audio is good on both the receiver and the transmitter unit which can pick up very low noises. The two-way talking option is a massive improvement from the DXR-5 as it allows you to talk to or sooth your baby without going there.
The flaws of DXR-8 are not significant. The unit doesn’t work near wifi or phone signal and says “out of range”. There is no option to set a sound threshold to make sure you only hear your baby’s cries.